PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Rosehip Royalty

Brian Sump
10-05-2020, 07:45 PM

Been trying to pin down these Dark Eyed Juncos for a few outings. Finally got a one to cooperate on this wild Rosehip branch.

D850
600mm + 1.4x
HH
ISO 800
1/3200
f7.1

LR and PS, DN and Tk. Removed a couple leaves and couple small imperfections on the limb and minor bkg touch up.

David Roach
10-05-2020, 08:05 PM
Awe come on, my friend... How long did you have to wait for this beauty to land THERE... But seriously, simply sublime canvas. No nits here. TFS

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-06-2020, 06:41 AM
Very nice frame. Everything looks good.

TFS

Jerry Taylor
10-06-2020, 08:22 AM
Very nice shot indeed. I probably would have moved the bird to the right, which may or may not have been a mistake.

Daniel Cadieux
10-06-2020, 01:48 PM
From the thumbnail I judged too quickly about the comp, but upon seeing the larger size version I see that the central placement works here because of the framing of the berries on each side. Good BG, perch, sharpness, colours. Feeder setup by any chanceÉ

dankearl
10-06-2020, 03:02 PM
Nice small in the frame photo and a nice subject. The foliage though takes my eyes off the bird....

Brian Sump
10-06-2020, 06:29 PM
Awe come on, my friend... How long did you have to wait for this beauty to land THERE... But seriously, simply sublime canvas. No nits here. TFS

Ha, well as mentioned it took me a few outings to get the right shot. Got quite a few but not worth posting until this day.

Very nice frame. Everything looks good.

TFS

Thanks a bunch Krishna!

Very nice shot indeed. I probably would have moved the bird to the right, which may or may not have been a mistake.

Hi Jerry, thanks for your comment. This had enough resolution to zoom in and crop tighter but the goal was to practice small in frame. I see how it could be more right as it's looking left.

From the thumbnail I judged too quickly about the comp, but upon seeing the larger size version I see that the central placement works here because of the framing of the berries on each side. Good BG, perch, sharpness, colours. Feeder setup by any chanceÉ

Thank you for mentioning this Daniel. I know typically centered subjects aren't ideal but my eyes said the same thing with the given flora.

No, I did select the branch from a local native bush 25 yards away and set up in a more clear area, but this was in the wild in its natural environment. Did use audio.

Nice small in the frame photo and a nice subject. The foliage though takes my eyes off the bird....

Thanks for the comment. Sorry it is distracting for youl.

Paul Burdett
10-06-2020, 09:48 PM
Very very nice Brian. I like how the flora contrasts so well in colour to the bird. Would maker a beautiful postcard!

William Dickson
10-07-2020, 03:52 PM
I think you've cropped this perfectly here Brian...Nicely balanced. Good BG ...nice pose..the reds give just the right amount of colour boost. Well done.

Will

Brian Sump
10-07-2020, 10:08 PM
Very very nice Brian. I like how the flora contrasts so well in colour to the bird. Would maker a beautiful postcard!

Paul, really appreciate your positive comments thank you! Maybe I will make this a Christmas card or something, great suggestion!

I think you've cropped this perfectly here Brian...Nicely balanced. Good BG ...nice pose..the reds give just the right amount of colour boost. Well done.

Will

Will, very thankful for your encouraging comments!