PDA

View Full Version : Young Leopardess

Marc Mol
10-04-2020, 02:20 AM
Looking like it was taken in a studio:Whoa!:,

with the sun long set and the last vestiges of light, an 18 mth old Leopardess has my attention as she looks out from a fig tree scouting for prey.

Bushman Plains, NG12 Concession- Botswana.

Bean bag front pax seat, slight crop for comp, TK adj's, DeNoise AI/NR, curves, levels, in ACR & PS CC'20.

Nikon D5
Nikkor 400E FL VR f/2.8
1/500s
f/4
ISO11400

Cheers
Marc

John Mack
10-04-2020, 09:31 AM
Nice view of this leopard. Nice eye contact as well. Really digging that blue background. Image quality looks good for the high ISO.

Gabriela Plesea
10-04-2020, 11:16 AM
Hello Marc,

She is very pretty and young, such lovely pose! Colours look good and I like the clean BG. Whiskers on the RHS a tad blue? Difficult to isolate them in PS when one works on the BG because they are so tiny, I guess it's hard work but not impossible.

Framing is great and I just love the direct stare. Really hope you get to see her again, by the time you return to Bushman Plains she might have a cub for company, I am sure you'll be delighted :bg3::w3

Kind regards,

Marc Mol
10-04-2020, 04:39 PM
Thanks John & Gabriela

Whiskers on the RHS a tad blue? Difficult to isolate them in PS when one works on the BG because they are so tiny, I guess it's hard work but not impossible.

Definitely no blue there Gabriela, when under very little light the end bristles form a dark(ish) shadow line, and changing them to white would take on a fake look.:w3

haseeb badar
10-05-2020, 09:16 AM
This has come out very nicely, Marc. I loved the stare and the settings, especially that blue sky.

Such a pristine looking animal. That effect of high iso can be seen here with slightly lacking details but not a deal breaker, works fine for me.

Beautiful Leopard.
TFS !

Gabriela Plesea
10-05-2020, 10:36 AM
Thanks John & Gabriela

Definitely no blue there Gabriela, when under very little light the end bristles form a dark(ish) shadow line, and changing them to white would take on a fake look.:w3

No worries, thought I'd ask because it bugged me:S3:

Bretoteanu Dan
10-05-2020, 02:56 PM
Beautiful cat, the blue sky just makes her stand out so nicely. I like the position of her front right paw, the eye contact and the catchlight.

Marc Mol
10-05-2020, 03:34 PM
Many thanks Haseeb & Bretoteanu

No worries, thought I'd ask because it bugged me:S3:

Totally understand, as it would bug me if that was the case too. :bg3::bg3::bg3:

Jonathan Ashton
10-10-2020, 09:29 AM
Very nice image indeed especially for high ISO, my only suggestion would be to add some clarity to the eyes - it may or may not be beneficial.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
10-11-2020, 07:41 AM
Stunning image for the high ISO. Love the subject and the composition Marc. Superbly processed.