PDA

View Full Version : Mute swan

Steve Kaluski
10-01-2020, 02:22 PM
Just going through some old files like so many of us due to CV19, this isn't a prize winner, or set the world alight, I just like the texture and details. This was taken close to home, at Regents Park where both Heron & Swans are in abundance.

Thanks to those who viewed or commented on the previous posting.

Steve

Subject: Mute Swan (Cygnus olor)
Camera: Canon EOS-1DX MKII
Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS II USM HH
Exposure: 1/2500s at f/11 ISO1000
Original format: Portrait, very slight crop from the top & LHS
Processed via: LR Classic 9.4 & PSCC2020

Brian Sump
10-01-2020, 08:33 PM
Steve, a sweet pose by this beauty. They are such majestic birds.

You captured a lot of detail in a great view of the face and beak. The water beads and drip add interest for sure. Slate gray/blue bkg compliments the bright bird nicely.

Wonder what adding a touch of canvas up and right might do? But I also like it as-is.

David Roach
10-02-2020, 03:53 PM
Wonderful details and tones and water takes it over the top for me. TFS

Steve Kaluski
10-03-2020, 03:45 AM
Thanks Guys.

You captured a lot of detail in a great view of the face and beak.

Hi Brian, for me if you go 'tight in' then it's all about the details & textures and this is what I wanted to convey. :S3:

Wonder what adding a touch of canvas up and right might do?

Have got both Brian and yes a tad more to the right would be better, the issue I have is that the neck was slightly leaning back and so in straightening the subject I began to loose content. That's not an issue as it can be replicated during the straightening process within PSCC.

Wonderful details and tones and water takes it over the top for me.

Thank you David, hope you are enjoying the new lens. :S3:

Gabriela Plesea
10-04-2020, 04:42 PM
Stunning image, beautiful detail Steve, nice framing and I love the BG, lovely colours too.

Impeccable PP work as usual, TFS:w3

Steve Kaluski
10-05-2020, 04:29 AM
Thanks Gabriela.

John Mack
10-05-2020, 04:57 PM
Solid portrait. Really like all the water drops and the trailing water. The detail is superb per your ususal.