PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Warbler Scouting a Mullein.

Daniel Cadieux
09-29-2020, 06:30 PM
Those very productive mulleins were not only good as perches, but also good at attracting warblers on low bushes surrounding them as they staged before hopping on. This is what we see here. A mullein stalk is just out of the frame at left, and the warbler about ready to go to it.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/250s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, about 80% FF, NR to the BG, repaired a couple of small holes on the leaves (content aware and/or patch tool).

Brian Sump
09-29-2020, 07:07 PM
Daniel, another strong frame. Thank God for Mullein eh!
:cheers:

So nice of this Warbler to remain fairly parallel to the camera for you, nice detail throughout sans feet which is fine by me here.

Composition is strong and you make these look very nicely exposed even at 1/250 HH, awesome.

What do you suppose your rig weighs?

kevin Hice
09-29-2020, 07:26 PM
Beautiful shot Daniel and the bird is sharp with lots of detail. Like the natural look to this . So natural looking with the leaves. TFS

arash_hazeghi
09-30-2020, 12:21 AM
cool pose and details Dan, the OOF and in-focus leaves interesting with the far wing and tail are a bit distracting but all else is great

TFS

Steve Kaluski
09-30-2020, 02:55 AM
Framing works Dan, colour palette is leading the viewer into Autumn and the fact it was wet, just adds to the scene. Nice DoF, details and clarity. I can see where Arash is coming from, but to me, it's not a deal breaker (albeit I'm not an Avian bod) so for me, it's captures 'the moment'.

TFS
Steve

annmpacheco
09-30-2020, 09:26 AM
I like your framing Dan, and the position of the hanging warbler, great colors to compliment.

John Mack
09-30-2020, 02:40 PM
Neat frame. Like the pose with the bird looking down. Framing is nice as well. The bird looks great with all that green surrounding it.