PDA

View Full Version : Blue-gray Gnatcatcher On Fire Flag Plant

Joseph Przybyla
09-28-2020, 05:56 PM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 8-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, camera and lens supported by a monopod
1/1000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1 ISO 900 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 400mm
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2020 and Neat Image for noise reduction when needed
Cropped for composition and presenatation

P.S. Learn more about Circle B Bar Reserve in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I co-authored. It is available at this link The BAA Middle of Florida Site Guide (https://birdsasart-shop.com/the-baa-middle-of-florida-photographic-site-guide/)

Steve Kaluski
09-29-2020, 01:59 AM
Hi Joe, a sweet capture, but the head doesn't look sharp and there is some strange cyan appearing in parts? The cobweb strand is a nice addition IMHO. Nice soft, pastel colours.

TFS
Steve

Joseph Przybyla
09-29-2020, 02:45 PM
Hi Joe, a sweet capture, but the head doesn't look sharp and there is some strange cyan appearing in parts? The cobweb strand is a nice addition IMHO. Nice soft, pastel colours.

TFS
Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for viewing and commenting, nice to have a younger pair of eyes viewing the image. I tried to get too much out of the image, a large crop and not enough image quality. Will try to make something with the image with the bird small in the frame. Thanks again.

Daniel Cadieux
09-29-2020, 06:19 PM
Agree with Steve, but how fun to have this individual perch in the open and seemingly still. Good BG too.

arash_hazeghi
09-30-2020, 12:22 AM
nice light and BG, Id clean up the top part of the perch a bit

TFS

John Mack
09-30-2020, 02:37 PM
I like the light,pose and the perch. It does look soft though.

Joseph Przybyla
10-01-2020, 10:20 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, much appreciated.