PDA

View Full Version : Splish, Splash...

Joseph Przybyla
09-18-2020, 08:29 AM
I captured this image of a Green-winged Teal at Lake Morton in Lakeland, Florida. I guess I wish I would have taken one step left, just a tad behind this one but when they dunk to bath no telling what direction the bird will move. In second thought, if so maybe the green on the wings might not have shown as well. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED HH
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 500 Auto WB, image captured at 250mm
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2020 and Neat Image for noise reduction when needed
Cropped for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Lake Morton in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I co-authored. It is available at this link The BAA Middle of Florida Site Guide (https://birdsasart-shop.com/the-baa-middle-of-florida-photographic-site-guide/)

Randy Stout
09-18-2020, 09:20 AM
Joe:

Now that is some serious splashing. Good head angle, well exposed.

If you have more canvas, I might include just a bit more all the way around, esp. in front, personal taste. I would tone down the white spot near the alula on the rear wing.

Randy

Steve Kaluski
09-18-2020, 11:22 AM
Hi Joe, agree with randy, that is some splashing.

If you add some Midtone Curves to bolster the Tonal range it just gives a bit more oomph, plus a tweak in Colour balance within PS, top & bottom sliders in all of the three tones. Because of the HL's in the water, just watch you don't over sharpen IMHO. Nice to see a different POV, a fun image.

TFS
Steve

kevin Hice
09-18-2020, 12:54 PM
Joe nice capture and as stated the head angle. Overall I think it looks great. Your right about the step hard to tell where they will pop up at and what angle. I have some like this but have been reluctant to process. TFS

dankearl
09-18-2020, 01:14 PM
I like splashing shots like this, I wish it was turned more to the camera...

John Mack
09-18-2020, 03:29 PM
Bath time. Nice you can see that green on the wing. All the water drops are great.

David Roach
09-18-2020, 06:06 PM
Love the water action and the sharp view through it. TFS

Joseph Przybyla
09-23-2020, 06:34 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, much appreciated.