PDA

View Full Version : Port A Pelican

Trey Barron
01-09-2008, 07:25 PM
This pelican image was from Port Aransas a few weeks ago. Taken with 40D, 100-400 5.6 @ 1/640 handheld ISO 100. It was getting a little late in the morning so the light was not what I wanted but wanted to know how PP looked. I cropped very little and played with S/H for the first time. Comments?

Alfred Forns
01-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Trey Your exposure is good and the image sharp Would suggest dessaturating the blue a bit

When you did the S/H a halo was formed One thing you can do is select the blue then inverse and contract two pixels Then only the bird will be selected avoiding the halo

For pelicans you need to have the with good light otherwise they are tough Flying by with spread wings to the side are not attractive Artie calls it shooting pancakes !!!!

Trey Barron
01-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the tips Al. I started over in PS and the results are better. I see what you mean about the pancakes.

George DeCamp
01-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the tips Al. I started over in PS and the results are better. I see what you mean about the pancakes.

Try posting it again with the better results if you like right in this thread, always good to see!!

Trey Barron
01-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Here is my second attempt. I do not see a halo on this one, but please let me know if you see one.