PDA

View Full Version : Osprey On Nest

Joseph Przybyla
09-08-2020, 02:00 PM
I captured this image in a neighboring city to Orlando from the fifth floor of a parking garage. For several years Ospreys have nested on a platform on top of a utility pole on a busy city street. Judging from the multicolored brown feathers I would guess this is a young bird, the older birds are all dark brown. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, camera and lens supported by a monopod
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 560 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 270mm
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2020 and Neat Image for noise reduction when needed
Cropped slightly for composition and presentation

P.S. I had posted a similar image at an earlier time but I just recently worked on this image which has a better head angle and less shadow on the left side of the head.

John Mack
09-08-2020, 02:05 PM
The nest setting is nice. I like the green background. Too bad the bird didn't look directly at you.

Jonathan Ashton
09-09-2020, 07:48 AM
Great shot, very clean good details and colours, I particularly like the shooting angle.

Daniel Cadieux
09-09-2020, 11:27 AM
That is a great nest! If you have more room above that would be excellent IMO, but I love the eye-level angle and the Osprey's stare.

David Roach
09-09-2020, 10:33 PM
Yep, remember this nest. Love the variable feathers and the composition overall. Well EXP and nice and SH for a wonderful canvas overall. TFS