PDA

View Full Version : Indian One Horned Rhino Silhouette !

haseeb badar
08-30-2020, 12:37 PM
Hello everyone, thank you for your comments and suggestions to my previous post as always much appreciated.

Posting an image of Indian OHR from my recent trip ( March 2020 ). Sighted this Female against the rising sun, amidst the mist. Tall grasses made us wait for sometime to get a clear shot but ultimately the Rhino did appear in the clearing. I liked the orange hues and the outline of OHR, especially those ear tufts.

DPP 4.12, PSCC 2020, WB, levels, curves, hue/sat.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 500mm f4 IS II, Bean Bag.

ss 1/1250, f/11, iso 500.

Looking forward for your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Steve Kaluski
08-31-2020, 06:00 AM
Hi Haseeb, certainly different, well scene. Not sure on the techs, why f/11? I would perhaps go darker and smooth out the hint of debris in the BKG so it's just a pure colour.

TFS
Steve

WDYT?????

John Mack
08-31-2020, 02:03 PM
Beautiful frame. Love the overall mood here. The rhino is framed perfectly. The fog is nice as well.

haseeb badar
09-01-2020, 03:41 AM
Thank you Steve and John for your comments and suggestions, much appreciated .

@ Steve -- I like your RP , nice alternative to the OP. I thought it will help in getting the outline as prominent as possible, hence f/11.

Steve Kaluski
09-01-2020, 04:12 AM
I thought it will help in getting the outline as prominent as possible, hence f/11.

I would have shot wide open f/4, no need for DoF here as it's not about detail IMHO. :S3:

Jonathan Ashton
09-01-2020, 05:42 AM
I like the idea and I like the hint of grasses in the background, here is what I would suggest.

haseeb badar
09-02-2020, 05:20 AM
Hi Jon - Your RP is in line with Steve's RP in terms of getting the colours appear darker , and it looks good to me . Thanks for your RP and comment.

Bretoteanu Dan
09-05-2020, 02:09 PM
Nice silhouette, I really like the tufts of hair on her ears:). I like the tall grasses in the Bg, they tell the story of the enviroment in which she lives. I like Steve's repost, it brings out the rhino's silhouette better. I think that if the grasses in the BG would have been a bit more visible, they would have helped, but as they are I feel they draw my eye a bit from the rhino, so I like Steve's version with them gone.