PDA

View Full Version : White-tail fawn

John Mack
08-30-2020, 08:02 AM
This image was created in Ithaca, New York on 8/22/20 at 6:40AM. Image processed in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Hand held, Full frame.

Canon 5D MarkIII
Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6 IS II USM
ISO 2000
f5.6
1/400sec

haseeb badar
08-30-2020, 12:44 PM
Liked the settings and the colours, Jon.

Nice tones as well. Image has some degree of noise in it, and the coat lacks those finer details . Also need some space for those virtual legs.

That branch in the rhs corner is a bit distracting, in fact on lhs corner as well.

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
08-31-2020, 05:58 AM
Hi John, I can't help but feel you are 'playing' with us, this is super. :cheers:

You have a great backyard full of great species, but why is there no consistency with images???? Agree a tad more below, tweak the colours and either prune some of the grasses our crop, but seriously this has a lot going for it. Perhaps a tad more sharpening, but I do like the habitat, darker backdrop and meadow grasses, the alert pose is also cool.

John, you can prove you can deliver good images, please keep it up.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
09-01-2020, 05:24 AM
What a sweet shot lovely pose, I quite like the rich colours, the tree and background branch don't trouble me, the deer holds my interest. Removal would enhance I suppose or if you don't agree with that they could be blended a little to make them less dominant.

Steve Kaluski
09-01-2020, 08:19 AM
Removal would enhance I suppose or if you don't agree with that they could be blended a little to make them less dominant.

Jon, I would say that 'removal' is 9/10 times better than blending, however with Mr Mack's recent postings I think he could easy blend the elements, perhaps he has just been 'sandbagging' all of us...???? What do you say John M? :S3:

haseeb badar
09-02-2020, 05:54 AM
A more clean frame with removal of those branches.