PDA

View Full Version : Motif - Dragonfly

Gail Spitler
07-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I wandered out early this evening to get photos of backlit flowers - birds are trying to be a bit rare around here these days, involved with nesting mostly. I found this dragonfly seeming to try to enjoy the heat radiating off the rock. It's wings are quite tattered, probably late in its life at this point.

It had plastered itself so tightly to the rock that it was hard to get any backlit perspective. Tried over 100 times though. This is the best of those. I limited post-processing to cropping and sharpening.

Canon 40D with Sigma 150mm f/2.8 macro at f/14 at 1/125 sec, eval metering with compensation of +1/3, ISO 500

C&C much appreciated

Gail

Harold Davis
07-07-2008, 04:39 AM
that's a different perspective!! you could still crop a bit off the top and maybe a little off the bottom to make a pano. i do like the feel. dramatic light!!

Alfred Forns
07-07-2008, 07:17 AM
I like it a lot has a great feel and well presented Cropping some or not is basically taste Looks awfully good as presented Normally I would do just as Horold mentioned but the rock is adding to the mood?

If anything I would tone down (slightly) the bright areas on the rock for a better transition !!! Big Congrats !!!

Harold Davis
07-07-2008, 02:37 PM
agree with al!!! would not crop the rocks!! but still would maybe crop a little off the top!

i can change my mind too!!!:D

Gail Spitler
07-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks fellows, Harold gets double thanks.
Much appreciated
Gail

Oscar Zangroniz
07-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Very original Gail. Love the composition. I like it as presented.
Congrats