PDA

View Full Version : Pop goes the Weasel... errr... Heron...

David Roach
08-20-2020, 06:38 PM
EOS R RF 70-200 @200 f2.8 1/800 ISO 400 HH, Manual EXP, cropped to pano

On the way home on bike, sun had just set on a clear horizon. Because of the clear western horizon, there was a strong twilight glow as this beauty was sighted down the lake shore working towards current position. Jumped off bike and laid flat just a little back from the steep bank and waited. With that bank, couldn't see the heron but heard a couple of strike splashes. As this fisher got closer, I was spotted. With the caution of occasional pop ups to check I stayed put, the hunter kept coming my way. Created this just before the taller grasses came into play.

Randy Stout
08-21-2020, 07:13 AM
David:

Unconventional, but I think it is fun, and certainly tells the story of what was going on. Colors might be a wee bit over saturated, but perhaps the twilight effect. Hopefully there were no alligators near this time!!

Randyt

Bretoteanu Dan
08-21-2020, 11:47 AM
I like the way you composed the image and the tall grasses balance the frame out. The BG just makes the colors of the heron stand out.

John Mack
08-21-2020, 01:56 PM
The framing is right on with the bird balanced between those grasses. I appreciate the blue. Maybe warm it up a tad.

Brian Sump
08-21-2020, 11:35 PM
Very artistic composition David. I actually really really like it. Almost a high key feel and the landscape comp is great.

Honestly, I wouldn't do a thing. Different and well thought out. Nice job!