PDA

View Full Version : Feather Care...

Joseph Przybyla
08-17-2020, 08:09 AM
I captured this image of a breeding American White Pelican at Lake Morton in Lakeland, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, camera and lens supported by a monopod
1/1000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 140 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 400mm
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2020 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Lake Morton in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I co-authored. It is available at this link The BAA Middle of Florida Site Guide (https://birdsasart-shop.com/the-baa-middle-of-florida-photographic-site-guide/)

Mike Poole
08-17-2020, 04:16 PM
Thats lovely Joe, a nice moment, good head angle. I'd possibly consider reducing the blues in the shadows in the white feathers, but apart from that, spot on

Mike

Joseph Przybyla
08-17-2020, 06:41 PM
Hi Mike, thank you for viewing and commenting. I checked the high res TIFF, the blue in the shadows in more prevalent here in the JPEG. I always go back and forth on removing it, white feathers shows it more. Here is a edit and repost with it removed. Thanks again for viewing.

Mike Poole
08-17-2020, 06:47 PM
Subtle, but I like the RP

Mike

John Mack
08-18-2020, 01:50 PM
I love the blues in these frames. Detail in the whites looks great. The preening pose is wonderful. Nice one.