PDA

View Full Version : eye spy jelly

annmpacheco
08-13-2020, 04:01 PM
Baltimore oriole fledgling in my yard this summer. This is a dying crabapple tree branch near the grape jelly and oranges that i provide daily. I really enjoyed watching the progression of their independence to maneuver their flight, landings, and to feed themselves... Just cropped , nearly full frame vertical... I was pleased to have the head in focus with this pose, BG is natural, evergreens.

D5
600mm

ISO 3200
f 5.0
1/800

Randy Stout
08-13-2020, 05:14 PM
Ann:

A fun one. We have had a couple images now with birds upside down! I like well exposed yellows, the pose of course, the upside down part, but also the head turn. Framing is very nice with the head/bill working the diagonal of the frame. In a perfect world I wouldn't mind seeing some subtle detail in the background.

It is indeed fun to see the young grow so quickly, to develop new skills and be on their own.

Cheers

Randy

Geoffrey Montagu
08-13-2020, 09:47 PM
Hi Ann,

Can't stop smiling. This is one unique pose and I like the perfectly straight position of the tail feathers, foot gripping the branch stub, and the excellent head position. Oh, the light ain't bad either.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

Brian Sump
08-13-2020, 11:45 PM
Ann, I just really like the feel invoked here. Yeah, maybe there's an argument for some foliage on the branch but the pose, detail and straight up yellow tail on the black bkg is awesome for me!

Only suggestion might be to clone the hole in the branch. It's dead center and about the size of the Oriole's eye, which makes it worth considering anyway.

How bout that backyard birding success! Nicely done.

Jonathan Ashton
08-14-2020, 02:47 AM
Unusual presentation and I think it works very well. The bird is beautifully detailed , I really like this image.

Bill Dix
08-14-2020, 09:57 AM
Fun pose. Nice of him to twist to give you some eye contact. Lovely colors against black background.

Daniel Cadieux
08-14-2020, 11:32 AM
For sure I'd "repair" that hole in the branch, but I love the fun pose, colours, overall techs.

David Roach
08-14-2020, 01:04 PM
Love, love, love the way the colors and details pop against the dark BG. TFS

William Dickson
08-14-2020, 02:28 PM
Looking good Ann....Lovin the contrasting colours here and the detail/pose on the bird. That BG is quite impressive.

Will

Paul Burdett
08-14-2020, 06:29 PM
Love this one Ann. The black BG works so well here, contrasting with the striking yellow colouring. I'm fine with he "hole", but I can understand others wanting it "repaired'. TFS

John Mack
08-14-2020, 08:08 PM
Very neat frame. Works great with that dark background. Nice and sharp with good detail.

gail bisson
08-15-2020, 11:07 AM
My favorite part is the pose and that wonderful color pairing of bright yellow and black.
Tack sharp too!
Gail