PDA

View Full Version : Roaming on my rock...

David Roach
08-12-2020, 10:59 AM
EOS R RF 70-200 @200 f2.8 1/400 ISO 500 HH, Manual EXP, cropped for pano from horizontal frame.

John Mack
08-12-2020, 07:06 PM
Love the setting and that pattern and color in the water is great as well. Nice pose on the bird with the raised foot. The crop is nice as well.

Mike Poole
08-13-2020, 04:24 AM
I like this one a lot David, the contrast with the movement in the water really works, especially with the raised foot. A bit of a shame that green strand is at the foot of the rock, maybe worth a look at cloning it, but not a deal breaker either way

Mike

Daniel Cadieux
08-13-2020, 05:48 PM
I love the "painted" brushstrokes in the water! Nice rock, and I am OK with that strand of vegetation. The raised foot adds a lot. Looks like the image needs a bit of CCW rotation, and I wish you had pointed your lens down 1/2 inch (or add some canvas back below if cropped) as I find the yellow leg reflection rather close to the bottom edge. All-in-all this is very good!

Arthur Morris
08-16-2020, 04:32 PM
Super sharp and the water is killer wonderful! Yes to some CCW rotation. This is a great image that could have been even better had you zoomed out bit: I would love to have seen more of the yellow in the water on the right frame-edge. And as Dan said, you really need more below the rock.

Ditto all of the other positives.

When I looked at the thumbnail I was hoping and thinking that the bird was on a gator!

with love, artie