1/60s
F/16
160 ISO
50mm Lens
no Flash
No exp comp

Douglas Bolt
07-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Beautiful image, but I feel that it is over cropped a little, which gives it a bit of an in-your-face impact that contradicts the soft, misty, relaxed feeling of the overall image. The similar non-red color of the sky and the cabin of the boat do a nice job of bringing all the elements together.

Beautiful as is, but just my first impression.

Fabs Forns
07-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Composed very carefully, with attention to detail. The mist adds a very attractive eerie feel. Gorgeous!!!!

Roman Kurywczak
07-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi James,
Very nice mood and feel indeed! I love the way the buildings fade off in different levels into the fog. As far as the crop........I may have preferred to see the whole building on the top right.....but also feel that it may have lessened the impact of the boat and introduced detrimental elements that were out of frame.........so I like it as is and trust your judgement......as the placement & impact of the boat are very nicely positioned in the frame. I would be very tempted to remove some of the darker elements in the water to clean it up in PP.........but not sure if you are comfortable with that..........and it really doesn't take away from a very nicely composed, moddy image.

Paul Marcellini
07-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Love the mood here, and I hate to say it cause I'm the worst at following rules, but the boat is too centered for me here. I think cropping at the roof line of the reflection really strengthens it. It also eliminates the lrc stuff sticking out, also kinda bothering me.

With that crop I think it enhances the flow into the shot, form boat, to building, to misty building. Just my thoughts of course.

Paul

Robert Amoruso
07-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Nice us of a bright color in a monochrome scene to add tension.

Agree with Paul's crop suggestion. Or I would have liked to see an alternate image with more room to the left assuming that there might have been some additional interest to support the image.