PDA

View Full Version : Snowy on the prowl

Jay Ing
08-06-2020, 09:47 PM
This guys was a real poser for a couple hours. 10 feet away so shooting was easy does it. Like this face maximizing frame. TFL.

A9ii, 600mm, 400, 400 5.6, HH, Zone AF, C1P/PS/DnAi slight crop

David Roach
08-07-2020, 11:16 AM
Very cool intimate in your face pose. Love that errant feather. TFS

Brian Sump
08-07-2020, 11:37 AM
Nice Jay. Cool 'below the deck' pose is neat and unique.

Same Egret as the one you posted a few days ago? I was going to say it looked quite dirty in that post and wasn't sure if it was just the bird or lighting but also see it here so must be the bird. Unless you just reduce highlights a lot in C1P? Just don't see a lot of whites on a very white bird, only my opinion.

Anyway, your shoreline work is strong and solid details on the subject here. You might have been able to bump ISO a good bit and get 2-3 f stops for better dof but it has kind of a cool effect here as is.

TFS.

Arthur Morris
08-07-2020, 05:04 PM
Super-sharp on the eye with a neat pose. Here again the biird is too centered ... Bad luck with that filthy neck.

with love, artie

Daniel Cadieux
08-08-2020, 09:26 AM
Wow what a fun pose, and very 3-D. I love that the bill-tip is set against the white of the wing's edge. I also like the bubble in the water. You could always use the patch and/or clone tools to cover the darker area on the neck. A bit low in the frame IMO, but a stunner overall.

John Mack
08-12-2020, 07:36 PM
The pose makes this one. I would personally like the see the bird higher in the frame. But this will do. The light sure was nice.