PDA

View Full Version : Musk Ox

Steve Kaluski
08-02-2020, 05:34 AM
Just posting something a little different this time. The colours at this time of year are gorgeous and so vibrant & saturated, not bad for ISO4000. :S3:

Thanks to those who posted or viewed on the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Musk Ox (Ovibos moschatus)
Camera: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS II USM HH
Exposure: 1/2000s at f/6.3 ISO4000
Original format: Landscape, very slight crop from the top/R/LHS
Processed via: LRCC 9.3 & PSCC2020

Jonathan Ashton
08-02-2020, 08:06 AM
Super shot indeed Steve, wonderful tones textures an colours. I think I would have preferred the musk ox a little lower in the frame and perhaps a little less large in the frame, but my, my that is beautiful.

Steve Kaluski
08-02-2020, 10:02 AM
Cheers Jon.

I think I would have preferred the musk ox a little lower in the frame

I was sadly shooting down, just slightly above the Musk Ox, plus you have to keep a given xx meters between, unless they come to you.

perhaps a little less large in the frame

Perhaps as you say, could have swopped to the 200-400 as that was in the bag, but a lot of kit to haul over the 17clicks for the day. :bg3:

Jonathan Ashton
08-03-2020, 05:14 AM
Cheers Jon.

I was sadly shooting down, just slightly above the Musk Ox, plus you have to keep a given xx meters between, unless they come to you.

Perhaps as you say, could have swopped to the 200-400 as that was in the bag, but a lot of kit to haul over the 17clicks for the day. :bg3:

It must be **** carrying all that heavy equipment - i have quite forgotten how cumbersome it is!!:bg3:

Steve Kaluski
08-03-2020, 05:55 AM
i have quite forgotten how cumbersome it is!!

It's my little workout Jon. :w3

John Mack
08-11-2020, 08:01 PM
Looks great. Love the setting and that hairy coat on the musk ox. Yes image quality is pretty good for ISO 4000. The colors are great as well.

Arthur Morris
08-16-2020, 05:15 PM
Love the animal and the habitat and the ISO 4000 IQ. Looks great. I think that a crop from the bottom from just above your signature would make it better.

with love, artie

Stuart Philpott
08-17-2020, 10:57 AM
One of those species i'd just love to see and make images of . It's a beautiful frame Steve the colours are gorgeous and the oxen seems so relaxed, I really like the Steve detail looks wonderful but the setting really makes this one for me

TFS

stu

Steve Kaluski
08-21-2020, 05:18 AM
Thanks folks, sorry for the late replies, just been rammed with stuff, plus I'm just not getting any notifications for replies and I know others are in the same boat.

BTW, the reason for going high on the SS was to freeze the guard hairs of the coat, being over a meter long I didn't want any movement in the coat as the Musk Ox moved.

haseeb badar
08-28-2020, 12:36 PM
Hi Steve -- Very late on this but I won't differ from others, this is indeed a lovely frame, with a very handsome looking subject and of-course lovely colours all around. IQ is fantastic as always and even though the angle is a bit high, it is not affecting viewing experience at all. I think getting lower would have made the FG vegetation a bit bothersome?

This is taken on foot ? i mean how do you approach and search these animals ?

Lovely frame , TFS !