PDA

View Full Version : Rejoicing Because of A Mourning Warbler.

Daniel Cadieux
08-01-2020, 07:45 PM
I've tried to photograph this species on a number of occasions, but never did one cooperate...until this year. OK, it's not the world's best perch ever, but when I heard this bird deeper in the woods and that it reacted positively when I called it via audio, I tried to find something, anything, to get it on. This would do, and it did. I went back the next day armed with a better setup - and it did not cooperate:bg3:.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/640s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, small crop to help the comp, NR to the BG.

dankearl
08-01-2020, 08:10 PM
I think planning and executing images of specific species is the most fun you can get with this hobby.
Perch is fine with me, excellent HA.

Bill Dix
08-01-2020, 08:20 PM
I would certainly rejoice for this one. A species I've only rarely gotten a glimpse of, and never a decent image. Congratulations. They are such skulkers. Sharp where it matters most, and good BG.

David Roach
08-01-2020, 08:38 PM
From your images, I believed you can get any bird to cooperate... Another hard to get warbler on a nice perch with wonderful framing and sweet BG. Do I even need to mention the perfect EXP, colors and details. TFS

Geoffrey Montagu
08-01-2020, 11:06 PM
What a gem, Daniel. Congratulations on capturing this great image, and I think the perch is fine. Like the way he's perched with nice eye contact, and beautiful background.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

Robert Kimbrell
08-02-2020, 04:47 PM
What a pleasing image Daniel. The perch is ok, It sure gives you an unobstructed view, and the background is nice. I like the nice head angel.

Jay Ing
08-02-2020, 08:37 PM
Congratulations - this is a really beautiful capture Daniel. Love the face and direct eye contact. TFS.

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-02-2020, 09:38 PM
Beautiful image. Great find and looks wonderful

TFS

Brian Sump
08-05-2020, 06:15 PM
Congrats Daniel, super stoked for ya. A great find and a wonderful capture, independent of the perch, which I really don't mind.

Many more successful captures my friend!

Arthur Morris
08-05-2020, 07:03 PM
Rejoice, party, get drunk. A spectacular image of a spectacular and difficult subject. I offer a small pano crop as a perch solution along with a bit of perch clean-up. Pose and head angle are mega!

superbly done,

with love, artie

Daniel Cadieux
08-06-2020, 05:46 AM
Thanks guys!

Artie, that is a good option for the image, thanks!