PDA

View Full Version : Palm Warbler

Joseph Przybyla
07-31-2020, 01:11 PM
I captured this image in October of 2019 at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. The Purple Gallinules are not the only ones that like the Fire Flag plant, many of the small bird such as this warbler and Blue-gray Gnatcatchers climb among the branches searching for insects. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, camera and lens supported by a monopod
1/2500 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 720 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 400mm
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2020 and Neat Image for noise reduction, a couple intruding branches removed from the background
Cropped for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Circle B Bar Reserve and the Fire Flag plant in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I co-authored. It is available at this link The BAA Middle of Florida Site Guide (https://birdsasart-shop.com/the-baa-middle-of-florida-photographic-site-guide/)

William Dickson
07-31-2020, 03:36 PM
Lovely image Joe...Looking real good here. Everything just 'fits' perfectly. Pose, perch and BG. Lovely detail from tip of toe to head.

Will

David Roach
07-31-2020, 04:24 PM
Sweet perfection. TFS

ps
Love the dew drops...

Krishna Prasad kotti
08-01-2020, 12:49 AM
I like the perch and water droplets. Composition and colors look good (Although I have not see this bird in the field).

TFS

gail bisson
08-01-2020, 09:14 AM
Very nice.
Not the flashiest of birds but the stem and BG add some nice color.
Good IQ and eye looks great.
Love the droplets of water on the stem,
Gail

Robert Kimbrell
08-03-2020, 05:36 PM
I missed this one. You made that perch look very nice, and the water droplets add. The background is excellent as is the overall IQ.