PDA

View Full Version : Kestrel Pair

Jim Johnson
07-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I made this image a couple of months ago. This is the subspecies found in Louisiana and primarily breeds in the western part of the state. Sorry about the perch but thats where they were. Comments and critiqes appreciated.

Canon EOS 20D w/ 500 4L IS
1/4000 @ 5.6
ISO 400

Lana Hays
07-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Jim
Looks like you caught them.....in an interesting moment. Definitely good views of both head. I'm wondering if the saturation is a bit heavy with the amount of blue in the sky. Also.....the birds look good but I think they need some sharpening. I played a little with......used levels to brighten the midtones, USM, removed some black from the sky with selective color and added a black border. See what you think.

Stephen Stephen
07-07-2008, 06:38 AM
Jim I really like this behavioural image. Thanks for sharing. I also like Lana's colour adjustments. I might be tempted to remove canvas above the birds or add a touch beneath them.

Maxis Gamez
07-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi Jim,

Very nice capture. I like Lana's re-pose but I would like to see it a little sharper.

Arthur Morris
07-13-2008, 01:57 PM
I like the image and the repost--good job Lana. Somewhere in between on the brightness would work for me. Wish that the far wing was raised a bit more. We have lots of perches just like that here in Indian Lake Estates... Lastly, the image looks sharp enough for me.