PDA

View Full Version : Burning Shadows

ashkan ojaghi
07-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi
Here is one of the favorites from my Last trip .. The main purpose of the trip was birdwatching and mountaineering but I could take some landscape and flora photos mainly in sunrise and sunsets!
Wish you like it! Comments are critiques are appreciated!
Camera:Canon EOS 30D+18-55
Shutter: 1/1000
f/5.6
ISO:500
Fullframe

Ed Vatza
07-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Interesting concept, Ashkan. I like what you are trying to do here with the backlight. Its hard for me to detrermine the light source. Given what you said, I assume it is the sun but it looks a bit out of place with the trees in the background seeming to be behind the light source, I almost thought it was a spotlight.

I think I would have liked to see the light just a bit higher and I would have hoped for a bit more depth of field to bring the plant to the right into better focus. Maybe stopping down would have helped this a bit.

Maybe its just a matter of personal taste, Ashkan. Let see what others say.

carole wiley
07-06-2008, 04:39 PM
I love the rich colors. The focal point is a bit too centered for me, both in the frame and in the sun. I too would have like a bit more depth of field.

Mike Moats
07-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Hey Ashkan, I like the creative look. I think the DOF is good, as any more would start to get cluttered in the BG and take away from the backlit main subject. My suggestion would be to crop the top as you don't need to show that much sky. Well done.

John Cooper
07-06-2008, 10:46 PM
An interesting composition Ashkan!! Cropping some from the top would further strengthen the composition. Well done!!

Kaushik Balakumar
07-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Very creative effort. Agree with Mike on cropping. Would love to see more of them...

ashkan ojaghi
07-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Hi everyone... excuse me for being late i had a problem on my keyboard .. thank you for your comments .. the BG's light is the sun .. (at sunset) I lied on my stomack on the grasses took this ... I'll post one with more DOF soon !... I cropped it from the top but felt that picture lost its stability on composition ! .. i'll post more of them .. thank you every one!

Roman Kurywczak
07-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi Ashkan,
i liked this very much! I did do a slight crop on the re-post....just to show you what the others and myself were talking about. This isbeautifully seen & very well done!

ashkan ojaghi
07-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Khank you Roman For the re-post .. you're right it's better .. I don't konw why i didn't liked the cropped version at first!!!