PDA

View Full Version : motif: still shooting

Cheryl Flory
07-06-2008, 07:58 AM
I took this picture 4 years ago, of my daughter unwilling to stop photographing just because the sun was going down. I took this with my very first camera, a 3mega pixel Fuji Fine Pix 3800. I loved that little camera, and actually wore it out.

I know the settings for this picture are wrong, I probably didn't have a chance to change them from when I was using it during the day to the moment I saw my daughter balancing to get this picture. I'm surprised the picture turned out as well as it did.

ISO 100,
6mm,
F2.8
1/90
auto flash

This was taken at the airport where she was photographing skydivers (and still does today as a summer job). I lightened my daughter so you could see she is balancing on a 4X4 fence, and the area around the cat a bit, and a small amount of sharpening and saturation.

would love to hear what you think of this little old camera's picture.

Oscar Zangroniz
07-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi Cheryl. The sky on this one looks great, I like the different colors. The rest of the picture looks a little dark.
Regards,

Harold Davis
07-06-2008, 09:06 AM
you say your settings were wrong, but you sure captured a mood!!!! you could brighten the foreground, but i wouldnt mess with that sky!! great job.

Nonda Surratt
07-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Agree with what has been said. I like the image and that sky rocks!

Alfred Forns
07-06-2008, 10:10 AM
I like it a lot Cheryl

Lots of mood and feel !! This is a good example for some fill flash Will give it that extra step Excellent !!!

Cheryl Flory
07-06-2008, 11:24 AM
thank you for your comments. I agree that the ground looks rather dark. I already lightened it a little, and didn't know how much to lighten it, since it was rather late in the evening at the time of the picture. Again, the question of accuracy or what looks better to view? A better fill flash would have been a big improvement in this picture. Oh, and I took out the bright orange wind sock. That was just way too distracting. lol

Alfred Forns
07-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Cheryl trying to lighten more might get you in trouble since noise will be noticeable !! I think the flash would have been strong enough but probably did not have the coverage!!!

Cheryl Flory
07-07-2008, 04:17 PM
thanks, everyone, for the comments! I appreciate it. And Al, you're right about that little camera not having enough flash coverage. lol