PDA

View Full Version : Wilson's Phalarope

Krishna Prasad kotti
07-12-2020, 02:42 AM
This image was taken couple of weeks back in Antelope Island State Park.

Laying flat on shallow salt water, waiting for the birds to come close.

Camera Settings:-
===============
Nikon D850 600 f/4 + 1.4 x TCIII
1/4000s f/8.0 ISO2500
Manual; Matrix metering

Post Processing:-
===============
Raw Processing using C1P 20
70% Crop
Neat Image NR
Sharpening for Presentation
Dodge selectively
Cloned few spots of the Rock
Processing using Luminosity Masks

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks
Krishna

arash_hazeghi
07-12-2020, 03:19 AM
I like the low angle and the calm water, pretty reflections too, looks sharp. the cheek area looks a bit hot. The OOF bird is really distracting and hold this one back IMO, I would get rid of it and crop it tighter if the IQ holds. the image is a bit too small on my 4K monitor

TFS

John Mack
07-12-2020, 05:51 AM
Nice light and soft reflections. I don't mind the out of focus bird here. The pose and low angle are right on.

dankearl
07-12-2020, 06:47 PM
I hope you have one without the oof bird...

Aditya Sridhar
07-12-2020, 07:26 PM
I love this shot Krishna. I think the out-of-focus bird adds interest and makes for a unique frame of this species. However, I wish it were more parallel to the sensor so as to mimic the bird in focus. In terms of composition, I'd certainly chop some off the left and add space to the RHS to balance the image. I agree that the whites are slightly hot. A touch of contrast and saturation would help too IMO. TFS

Joseph Przybyla
07-13-2020, 07:06 AM
Hi Krishna, lovely light and background. The infocus bird looks good except for the white cheek which appears clipped without texture/detail. I go back and forth on the out of focus bird, mostly I think juxtapositions only work when the out of focus bird exactly mimics the in focus bird. Thank you for sharing.