PDA

View Full Version : Hawk headshot

arash_hazeghi
07-10-2020, 02:34 AM
I am not a head shot guy but could not resist walking up to this guy and blowing up some FFD (aka fine feather details). waited a bit and he did not want to move....left him alone and came back after a while he was still there and sat there until it was dark

shot with the D500 and 600 f/4 E FL + TC 1.4X III. ISO-1600 f/5.6 at 1/3200 sec hand held processed with C1P and my D500 review if you missed it http://arihazeghiphotography.com/blog/nikon-d500-field-review/

hope you like it

dankearl
07-10-2020, 09:53 AM
Beautiful, that Bay light you have is so nice....

Bretoteanu Dan
07-10-2020, 12:05 PM
Hy Arash, beautifull BG, it matches the hawk in color. I like the pose and the intense stare of the hawk, not to mention the catchlight and the detailed texture of the beak.

John Mack
07-10-2020, 02:07 PM
A fine portrait. Really digging the earth tones on the bird and the background. More of a head and shoulders portrait. Light was nice.

Brian Sump
07-10-2020, 03:59 PM
Not too bad for a BIF guy....

The IQ on this is very good and bkg creamy and warm. I, personally would have loved to see one with the a9 and 600GM side by side

arash_hazeghi
07-10-2020, 07:34 PM
Not too bad for a BIF guy....

The IQ on this is very good and bkg creamy and warm. I, personally would have loved to see one with the a9 and 600GM side by side

thanks Brian
as I have said to Artie before this type of shot will not be any different taken with any camera and super tele lens made in the past 10 years. In fact I have one like this with the old canon 1D4 and 500 IS MKI....exactly the same ....

cheers

Joseph Przybyla
07-10-2020, 08:03 PM
Hey Arash, welcome to my world. Nice work, like the color palette, detail and composition. Thank you for sharing.

Jay Ing
07-10-2020, 11:24 PM
Yeah, that's got some nice IQ. Love the light and eye contact. Feel like I ticked him off somehow. Shiver...

gail bisson
07-11-2020, 09:55 AM
I had to look at this because I thought " A portrait from Arash??".
The portrait is beautiful.
Love the beautiful light and the complimentary BG.
Feather detail is great and love the overall IQ,
Gail
In Nova Scotia, I can't get within 500 feet of a hawk. I think I would feel like I died and went to heaven if I had a cooperative hawk like this!
What kind of a hawk is this?

arash_hazeghi
07-19-2020, 02:15 PM
I had to look at this because I thought " A portrait from Arash??".
The portrait is beautiful.
Love the beautiful light and the complimentary BG.
Feather detail is great and love the overall IQ,
Gail
In Nova Scotia, I can't get within 500 feet of a hawk. I think I would feel like I died and went to heaven if I had a cooperative hawk like this!
What kind of a hawk is this?

thanks Gail it’s a red tailed