PDA

View Full Version : Tree Swallow and Whatever It Is It Caught.

Daniel Cadieux
07-07-2020, 07:00 PM
A fun nest to photograph, and in a natural cavity. On this day the parents found a motherload of whatever that is in the bill and kept coming back and back again with their bills full of these lime-green insects to feed their brood with.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/320s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld, FF.

Brian Sump
07-07-2020, 10:14 PM
Daniel, Tree Swallows are beautiful by design. Fun looking at the camera with the 'whatever' lol.

Bird gets lost just a tad with all the bark, lichen and the leaves but I find it sorta fun as well.

Krishna Prasad kotti
07-07-2020, 11:29 PM
Cool Shot. Like the Green in the background.

TFS

Jonathan Ashton
07-08-2020, 07:12 AM
Dan, the image looks a bit heavy in the contrast to me and perhaps a tad vibrant, the leaves have a curious appearance, soft and yet almost edgy if you get my drift. I would be inclined to tone the brightness of the bark down.

John Mack
07-08-2020, 02:16 PM
Quite the mouthful here. I just love the sleek look of their body. Looks so streamlined. The vertical framing is spot on. Also digging that lichen on the side of the tree.

Arthur Morris
07-09-2020, 04:04 PM
I'm with John. Not sure what Jon is seeing *** the contrast looks perfect as do the highlights. The bugs are amazing. And the image is superbly framed and designed and the eye contact with the bird's left is is great. All iin all I love this one.

a