PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights!!!!

Harold Davis
07-06-2008, 04:44 AM
taken friday night in miami with oscar and michael pancier and a few other friends from the area. while shooting the fireworks i did several multiple exposures in the camera. after viewing all my shots, i was disappointed that i did not take more multiples. so i'm sitting there feeling sorry for myself and i had a thought!! i was helping oscar out and remembered finding the setting for IMAGE OVERLAY in his D300. so i grabbed the camera and started making some more pics right in my living room!!!!

for all of you that have a nikon D200 or D300, you can do what i have done here. there is a menu item called IMAGE OVERLAY in which you can select two pictures and overlay them over top of each other in the camera. it creates a new file which gets its own file number. very cool feature!!!

so here's my first image overlay. hope you like it. it looks great printed!! comments and critiques are welcome and appreciated!!

D300, 18-200VR at 36mm, f/10, 1.3s, -1.0EV, ISO 200 and the dinky tripod held up!!!

Oscar Zangroniz
07-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Great discovery on your part. Too bad that I deleted my shots from the card. Looks like you and I both need to get our eyes checked. All of my pics have the horizon slanted to the right. And it looks like that on this one too.
Hope to see you soon

Harold Davis
07-06-2008, 09:01 AM
i tried to fix that!!! guess i missed!! will try that again. i think there's some distortion too. i looked at it on another monitor this morning and the colors didnt look as good as on mine. however, the colors look fantastic on the print!!!

Nonda Surratt
07-06-2008, 09:31 AM
I think the colors are great! Yep a tich slant to the right.

Harold Davis
07-06-2008, 09:42 AM
totally reworked with corrections. how does this one look? i think there is an optical illustion. the horizon still doesnt look exactly right. distortion? i tried to correct it.

Alfred Forns
07-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Harold ........ mom says she is big time proud of you for the blending !!!!! :)

You gus are getting way too good !!! Absolutley love this image !! We should make an outing for some night images in the Lauderdale area? .... anywhere centrally located then get a bite? Big Congrats !!!!

Harold Davis
07-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Harold ........ mom says she is big time proud of you for the blending !!!!! :)

You gus are getting way too good !!! Absolutley love this image !! We should make an outing for some night images in the Lauderdale area? .... anywhere centrally located then get a bite? Big Congrats !!!!

tell mom, thanks. her and i were looking for that function in the camera last saturday and couldnt find it. i stumbled upon it friday nite!! and as far as nights in lauderdale. anytime, just let me know!!!! will be a lot of fun!!!

Gus Cobos
07-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Excellent composition Mr. Harold. I like the overlays. However; there is one rule that you have to follow when doing the overlays and the multiple exposures YOU DO THEM AFTER YOU HAD A BUNCH OF COLD ONES...:eek:;):p:D:cool:...That way you work better at aligenment angles...hehehe...:p:p:D

Nicely done my friend...:cool: