PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue...

David Roach
06-28-2020, 05:20 AM
EOS R RF 70-200 @200 f2.8 1/640 ISO 400 HH, Manual EXP, cropped for composition

Paul Burdett
06-28-2020, 06:29 AM
I really like the composition on this one David. Nice sharp bird, and the oof BG compliments the bird's colouring. On the fence with the oof tree on the LHS, but it's not a deal breaker. TFS

John Mack
06-28-2020, 07:45 AM
Nice you have a all green background here. We ususally see wading birds in water. Wings fully up or down would have been nice. But this works as well.

Randy Stout
06-28-2020, 08:15 AM
David:

Feet are really neat here, good comp as Paul mentioned, agree about the wing position, and he is angling away from us a. bit. I appreciate Paul's comment about the OOF tree, but it is soft enough I don't find it very objectionable.

Cheers

Randy

Volkan Akgul
06-28-2020, 09:06 AM
woww.. very clean ! green tiring, but super technic.

David Roach
06-28-2020, 11:27 AM
green tiring, but super technic.

Clearest comment I've gotten on this forum... Yes, these are typical spring time colors in south Florida coming in summer due to unusually dry spring. Thanks as always for all valued comments and suggestions. Please keep them coming.

Brian Sump
06-28-2020, 12:44 PM
David, bird looks fantastic sans the angle away as mentioned. Beautiful contrast of colors; purple against the bright green. Nice job there, and solid detail!

The horizon line comes into play here just a bit I'm afraid. in a perfect world you'd be just a few feet higher to get the bird against more of the solid green. Blooms in LR are a nice addition.

TFS!

Dorian Anderson
06-28-2020, 10:48 PM
Nice detail across the bird, particularly on the legs, but the flat wing pose and head angle are working against you. As Brian said, the horizon line is distracting, but there's nothing you can do about that now. I'm all about bright colors in my
frames, so the green here is fantastic.