PDA

View Full Version : Last in the pool...

David Roach
06-05-2020, 06:51 PM
EOS R EF 400 DO I 1.4xtc II f8 1/1300 ISO 500 created May, last year. HH, . Slight crop for composition.

As the sun was ready to set, I looked down the beach at a tidal pool with various waders, By the time I got close enough, this beauty was the lone wader left and the sun was beginning to touch horizon.

Paul Burdett
06-05-2020, 09:52 PM
Very nice! I like the sweet lighting here. The bird is sharp, great pose and a sharp eye. Lovely detail on the feathers. Type of Heron?

David Roach
06-05-2020, 11:17 PM
Very nice! I like the sweet lighting here. The bird is sharp, great pose and a sharp eye. Lovely detail on the feathers. Type of Heron?

Thanks Paul for your always valued comments. It is a tricolored heron. Good to see you out and imaging your wonderful birds again.

Jonathan Ashton
06-06-2020, 02:14 AM
Nicely exposed, good tones, I like the pose of the bird, had it been possible I think a lower angle would have been a little better. The water droplet on the bill is a nice feature.

John Mack
06-06-2020, 06:48 AM
Nice light nice pose as well. Sharpness is great on this one.

Bill Dix
06-06-2020, 08:37 AM
Good pose and detail, nice setting. Feels like a touch of contrast might give it some punch, but perhaps that's the result of rapidly fading light.

Dorian Anderson
06-06-2020, 09:22 AM
You were working with great light, but the image lacks color and contrast for reasons I don't understand. The image should crack under these conditions. Image has a strong pink cast, and the dark line running through the bird isn't ideal. A lower angle would have softened that transition.

Daniel Cadieux
06-06-2020, 03:19 PM
I like the fishing posture, and the image is very sharp. Yes, a lower angle would have helped with e "transition line" cutting across the subject. Deeper blacks or midtones, plus a warmer white balance would likely depict the scene closer to what you saw. My favorite heron species, thanks for sharing!!