PDA

View Full Version : This is a stick up!

Jay Ing
06-05-2020, 04:59 PM

Exp a bit hot. Brought back as much a possible.

A9ii, 200-600, 6.3, 320, 1600, C1P raw, PS2020 PP

dankearl
06-05-2020, 06:10 PM
Whites are a bit hot but the IQ and noise look much better than you previous posts.

David Roach
06-05-2020, 07:58 PM
Cool pose with stick. You did reasonably well in tough light. Love the trailing feet and water action. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
06-06-2020, 02:08 AM
Good action shot, as you say a tad bright, I would be tempted to mute the water a little bit just to see if it enhanced the presentation - it may or may not.

Steve Kaluski
06-06-2020, 02:29 AM
would be tempted to mute the water a little bit just to see if it enhanced the presentation

Jon, how can you tell without an sRGB colour profile embedded, are you seeing the true rendition here? I have suggested to Jay several times to ask Arash as he uses C1, but...

Jay Ing
06-06-2020, 04:05 AM
Jon, how can you tell without an sRGB colour profile embedded, are you seeing the true rendition here? I have suggested to Jay several times to ask Arash as he uses C1, but...

Thanks Steve,

I’m sure I’ll connect with Arash on this at some point. Should I not post on here till I’ve done that? :)

Steve Kaluski
06-06-2020, 04:19 AM
Thanks Steve, I’m sure I’ll connect with Arash on this at some point. Should I not post on here till I’ve done that? :)

Hi Jay, I could help you, but you use C1 so best someone like Arash helps walk you through the steps as I use LR. You can post for sure, all I'm saying is that what you post may not display as well as it should, not having the correct embedded profile.

Basically you work in either Adobe RGB or ProPhoto RGB for processing your files, then when ready to export for web part of the workflow is the need to change the Destination space to sRGB and ensure that is embedded for all Web/PI images.

cheers
Steve

John Mack
06-06-2020, 06:46 AM
Love the title. The color and ripples in the water are nice as well.

Dorian Anderson
06-06-2020, 09:30 AM
This is some nice action, but the lighting was not your friend in this instance. When the lighting isn't ideal, the bar for what can be achieved drops precipitously, the underwing shadows making it very difficult to achieve
even exposure and maximum detail across the subject.

Daniel Cadieux
06-06-2020, 03:08 PM
Steve and Jay, the image shows as sRGB for me in PS, so I am wondering which colour profile you guys are seeing? Anyhow, yes to this being a tough situation that you did the best you could with. Fun action despite the overall busy image.

Steve Kaluski
06-06-2020, 03:31 PM
Steve and Jay, the image shows as sRGB for me in PS

Hi Dan, Colour profile is showing untagged, where it should be sRGB...... When you open in PS it asks if you wish to assign the sRGB profile. probably a simple box that needs checking. :S3:

Daniel Cadieux
06-08-2020, 04:08 PM
Really odd. In PS (CS6) it shows already at sRGB.