PDA

View Full Version : Incoming

Paul Marcellini
07-05-2008, 01:16 PM
This is the tail end of one storm, and another was on its way. Nature provided its own fireworks last night as well. Couldn't capture the lighting, but did feel a weird static field between my tripod legs while holding it. =) Just makes you feel a little more alive.

Anyways, played with the 10 stop nd here. The long exposure really saturates colors. As you can tell the sun was still higher in the sky, but all effect here was in camera. There was a bit more orange than one would expect also due to a diffuse layer of clouds.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

20d, 10-22@11 iso200 f8 30s for foreground, 6s for sky

Grady Weed
07-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Looks like a sink hole in the middle of the glades. I just love this place. I vertical crop is just a bit different here. I do love the rich colors in the sky. Keep them coming Paul.

Jude Haase
07-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Awesome color here Paul..... I love the composition too!! No nits here!

Sharna Lee
07-05-2008, 03:59 PM
WOW! I think the color and composition is excellent here also.
You've done a wonderful job with this one. I love the sky and the detail in the ground at your feet.
Overall a clear winner here.

Sharna

Roman Kurywczak
07-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Hey Paul,
I've never known anyone who got as much out of holesin the ground as you! The shapes and textures of the FG are just as interesting and beautiful as the dramatic sky.
Another Everglades winner from you!

Noel Carboni
07-06-2008, 02:10 PM
I always love a shot I feel I could walk (er, slog) into, and this not only feels that way but invites one in to experience the surroundings with all the senses. Nice!

-Noel

Robert Amoruso
07-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Paul,

Becoming the king of the vertical FG to BG images here. Would color and feel to this well composed vertical.

Though I don't feel it hurts the image, I would have liked to see the whole FG water hole and is reflection of the setting sun's color.

Sid Garige
07-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Paul,

Another wonderful image.

Looking at glades in a different perspective. Admire your work.

-Sid

Fabs Forns
07-07-2008, 11:24 AM
You can really make soup out of stone, Paul. Enchanting rendition, and your love for the land is evident :)

Paul Marcellini
07-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Robert, I would have loved color as well in the foreground hole but then I would have to get low and that changed the shot, losing the flow into.

Thanks again,
Paul