PDA

View Full Version : Comin' in Hot

Jay Ing
05-31-2020, 01:59 AM

Sony A9ii, 600mm/6.3, 1/2000, HH, Area, C1P/PS/NI

arash_hazeghi
05-31-2020, 02:17 AM
Looks pretty good Joel, you got the dynamic landing pose. I would try to get more details in the whites using the highlight slider in C1P the whites are a bit flat as posted but I am sure there is plenty detail in RAW. I'd clean up the poop spots on the perch too :D

the BG bokeh is a bit crunchy/harsh which is an issue with this zoom lens. you can run another round of NR to smoothen it just a tad but it is what it is. I try to use it only at 600mm and get as close as I can to get better BG bokeh, distant shots really tough with this lens.

My 600 GM is here tmr, we should meet up sometime you can try it out

tfs

Jay Ing
05-31-2020, 06:13 AM

Here's a try on recovering some whites and removing "others". Not sure if my NI background NR softened much (the software update plays a bit differently - and I'm rusty after 2 years away). Yes lets shoot together once you get the 600/4. I'm sure it's bokeh will make me want it.... and the 10K price difference will make me frown. ;) Lucky dog...

Looks pretty good Joel, you got the dynamic landing pose. I would try to get more details in the whites using the highlight slider in C1P the whites are a bit flat as posted but I am sure there is plenty detail in RAW. I'd clean up the poop spots
on the perch too :D

the BG bokeh is a bit crunchy/harsh which is an issue with this zoom lens. you can run another round of NR to smoothen it just a tad but it is what it is. I try to use it only at 600mm and get as close as I can to get better BG bokeh, distant shots really tough with this lens.

My 600 GM is here tmr, we should meet up sometime you can try it out

tfs

Daniel Cadieux
05-31-2020, 07:23 AM
That is some sweet incoming pose, and about to land on a pretty cool and gnarly perch. The perch cleanup is good on the repost. Noise certainly is better too, but having an even more distant BG, with less highlights within it, could help with that in the future. But again...that pose!

Jonathan Ashton
05-31-2020, 09:13 AM
Super capture, maybe a slight reverse curve on the background reduces impact a tad.

Brian Sump
05-31-2020, 10:15 AM
Love it Jay and love Egrets.

In our area the bridge to the beak is more yellow/gold. It appears more orange in your area, or is it just the image color?

John Mack
05-31-2020, 10:48 AM
Love that background and the landing pose. Nice to see the bird in breeding plummage.

Steve Kaluski
05-31-2020, 01:17 PM
Hi Jay, again the file has no sRGB embedded colour profile and so although the colours 'look OK' but there could be a shift??? I suggest you ask Arash how to do this as both of you use C1.

Dorian Anderson
06-01-2020, 10:15 AM
Action pose is excellent, and I think you did about as well as you could have given the lighting conditions. Not sure if you can move him up in the frame introducing clutter
at the bottom, but the shot feels a bit bottom heavy as presented.