PDA

View Full Version : Logan Pass Bear Grass

James Parker
07-05-2008, 10:19 AM
This is a 2 1/4 Negative scanned with Coolpix 8000 (Love this spot for flowers, animals, mountains, etc)

Hasselblad 503CX
1/60s
F/22
160 ISO
40mm Lens
No Exp Comp

Paul Marcellini
07-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Wow, love that view. The layers are great. I wish the foreground flower heads were completely in frame though. You might push exposure up a notch for the foreground. Otherwise, well done.

Roman Kurywczak
07-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Hi James,
Agree with Paul about the 2 FG blooms.........but since there were so many of them........not sure you wouldn't run into more of the same. I also agree that maybe a bit of lightening to the FG would help.........but overall this is a pleasingly composed mountain scene.

Douglas Bolt
07-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Hi James,

Your image takes be back to trips through this region many years ago. Very nice. I did feel that the image has sort of a haze. Not sure what the color of the haze was, but I did a quick Threshold RGB adjustment on the blacks (8) and the whites (245) and added a little more sharpening. I also tried removing the 1/2 bloom on left side of the image, but decided I liked the image better the way you had it.

Thanks for the memories.

Robert Amoruso
07-06-2008, 06:42 PM
James,

Right on comments from Roman and Paul.

Douglas did a nice job on the FG.

Very cool looking image with the fantastic FG to BG sharpness and field of grass.