PDA

View Full Version : Lake Louise

Roman Kurywczak
07-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Taken Mid Sept.......as an original slide.....so no specs.......was looking at this one and something has always puzzled me about it......why did I get wonderful color in the sky clouds and mountain and even the reflection of the mountain............but not the cloud reflections.. It still baffles me to this day. I definitely used a grad and probably an enhancer (not 100% sure on this).......or maybe even a polariser........don't think any of these would have an effect on that.......my only other guess......it was the silt/particles floating in the water....that give this lake a turquoise color.....that affected it??
Any guesses or ideas welcomed!

Paul Marcellini
07-05-2008, 12:55 PM
This is a great one Roman. No idea on the muted reflections. I think it is improved with a crop just below the right reflected peaks though. I understand the foreground to anchor, but don't think it adds in this case. I love saturated colors, but might ease off a touch here too, mainly the blues in the sky.

ashkan ojaghi
07-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Hi
Liked the light and colors so much ! the contrast between cool and warm colors are wonderful .. the reflection is also a big plus! ..But i prefer more details on the clouds and also on the snowy mountain ! All in all it's a great capture...

Robert Amoruso
07-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Roman,

Some small tweaks that would have strengthen the image include moving left of right to get the cloud reflection and the stump separate and desaturate the reds some. I like the blues (blue is my favorite color so I am bias). Now I might be tempted to clone out the stump.