PDA

View Full Version : House sparrow (M&F) (Passer domesticus)

Jonathan Ashton
05-13-2020, 08:29 AM
Officially the lockdown has been reduced in UK people are told to stay safe and be sensible.............. so I am staying home if any of the admissions in A&E over the last weekend are anything to go by about 95% were alcohol related!! I can't help but feel there will be too may people taking too few precautions. So I am trying to develop new scenarios in the back garden, I think there is some mileage in this little idea. It's not ideal in terms of subject orientation but I think there is potential for some good action.

Olympus : E-M1X
Lens : M.40-150mm F2.8 + MC-20
Lens focal length : 220 mm
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 440.0mm
Metering mode : Pattern
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO Sensitivity : 800
Exposure time : 1/4000 sec (Procapture Low)
F number : F5.6
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Flash : OFF

ACR + PSCC

Bretoteanu Dan
05-13-2020, 09:30 AM
Hy John, the BG has a pleasing color, it will make any bird/birds stand out. I like the texture of the perch also. I wish the head of the LHS sparrow would be visible. You caught the one with the worm right in the act. Since the third is looking down and out of the frame, maybe you could leave a bit more space at the bottom of the frame?

Andreas Liedmann
05-14-2020, 04:02 AM
Hi Jon ... i bet a lot of fun to capture all these things .
Does look quite good from the technical aspect for me ... you seem to become better and better , which I really like !!!

From the aesthetic POV the image is a bit too busy for my taste .... but still a pleasure to view .
Keep them coming

TFS Andreas

William Dickson
05-14-2020, 02:59 PM
Nice.....That green BG sure shows the sparrows well...Great capture Jon, I like this, I would like it even more if the sparrow in flight showed its head a wee bit more, especially the eye :w3

Will

John Mack
05-15-2020, 02:35 PM
Potential for good action. What could be better than this action? I like the pose on the right bird. The middle bird looking down is pretty neat.