PDA

View Full Version : House sparrow (M) (Passer domesticus)

Jonathan Ashton
05-04-2020, 02:27 PM
Another shot from my back garden during lockdown

Olympusl : E-M1X
Lens: OLYMPUS M.40-150mm F2.8
Lens focal length : 150 mm
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 300.0mm
Metering mode : Pattern
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO Sensitivity : 1000
Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
Shutter speed : 1/3200 sec
Aperture : F5.6
Flash : OFF

ACR & PSCC

William Dickson
05-04-2020, 03:27 PM
Your getting good at this Jon...I feel that the flight pose here would benefit from more room all around. Its a pity that the birds right wing is slightly blurred compared to the other one. The colours on the sparrow are spot on...I think a faster SS would help. I was doing Eiders in flight last week and even at 1/3200 they were showing quite a bit of blur on the wings...at take off.

Good work....If it hadn't been for lockdown you probably wouldn't have tried this.

Will

dankearl
05-04-2020, 04:13 PM
Nice effort and fun but this is a bad head angle....

John Mack
05-04-2020, 06:18 PM
Love the look on the bird. Pretty funny. Nice view of the feet as well.

Andreas Liedmann
05-05-2020, 01:23 AM
Hi Jon ....agree with Will , without Corona we might have not seen this kinda shots from you .

I like it really a lot , seeing your progress. The head angle might be not optimal but I still like it though . Wonderfully spreader wings and the feet facing forward are nice .Think you could afford a tiny bit more depth in the mid tones and I might drop the blues in the subject a fraction .

Nice one and TFS Andreas

Steve Kaluski
05-05-2020, 05:04 AM
OOH if that was square on Jon... would either move position or cloak the post in the BKG.

TFS
Steve

gail bisson
05-05-2020, 07:02 AM
Looks like you are having fun with this project. How many shutter clicks have you used up since lockdown?:bg3:
The post is the problem for me. I would clone it out.
Good wing flare.

Jonathan Ashton
05-05-2020, 03:02 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. I am at a bit of a loss though regarding the head position, I just don't get it what's the big deal if the head is perpendicular to the sensor, I do have shots like that but then, you see the eyes at almost 180 degrees, so what is good about that?
Gail that is an out of focus tree, one day I might deal with it another not, I am fickle about things like that, - I don't know why I just am. Shutter clicks since lockdown = 0, I use electronic shuter.