PDA

View Full Version : Spish, Splash, Taking A Bath

Joseph Przybyla
05-02-2020, 12:33 PM
I captured this image of a Shelduck at Lake Mirror in Lakeland, Florida. This duck is not native to the USA, no one knows where it came from. It showed up one day and has made the lake it's home. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D7000
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, camera and lens supported by a monopod
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 640 Auto WB, image captured at 400mm
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2020 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presentation

P.S. Learn more about Lake Mirror in the BAA Middle Florida Photography Site Guide that Artie and I co-authored. It is available at this link The BAA Middle of Florida Site Guide (https://birdsasart-shop.com/the-baa-middle-of-florida-photographic-site-guide/)

David Roach
05-02-2020, 01:49 PM
Man, you got everything you'd want out of a shake off. The face and front side frozen and plenty sharp, the motion of the wings and then there's all that frozen water and droplet action. I love it. TFS

Aditya Sridhar
05-02-2020, 01:53 PM
I like this, Joe. Great action and colors. The water droplets add interest and the blurred wings convey motion very well. I think the bird is a bit too large in the frame for my taste, so more room up top and on the right would help the overall composition IMO. I also think there is a subtle magenta cast to the bird that I'd neutralize. Nicely done overall though! TFS

Colin Driscoll
05-02-2020, 09:45 PM
Well captured, a nice sharp head and body in the midst of all that wing and water action.

Steve Kaluski
05-03-2020, 04:26 AM
Hi Joe, if I neutralise the magenta cast to get that mid grey (Tint -26) and address the Contrast LR has added, the popped a very small vignette... you get too see what you have. Where you take it is down to you. :w3

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
05-03-2020, 07:43 AM
Hi Joseph ... a very cool shot , lovely the action and the spraying water . A very cool thing is the low POV

Steve has covered the tonal and color option in his RP

TFS Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
05-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Great action shot, it does look a little heavy and a little too much contrast but I would put it in the "wow" category.

Joseph Przybyla
05-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing, commenting and suggesting improvements to the image. Very much appreciated....

I had another go at the image using the suggestions offered. This repost reflects those suggestions.

John Mack
05-03-2020, 03:28 PM
Love the title and the splashing. Framing looks good to me. Like the repost.