PDA

View Full Version : Just a Bee Eater

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-02-2020, 11:06 AM
Hi Folks,
Thanks for your feedback on my earlier images. Here is another Green Bee Eater on a lower perch.
1/1600
f/7.1
ISO 3200
1DX II
700mm

Andreas Liedmann
05-02-2020, 12:25 PM
Hi Sanjeev this does look a lot better than previous from the tonal POV , IMHO . Sharpening does look better to me as well .... only wondering about the quick fall off of sharpness , as the top of the head does not show any sharp fine detail . Maybe you need f/9 to get that sharp as well .
Nice one ...TFS Andreas

David Roach
05-02-2020, 01:53 PM
Sharp right where it needs to be, love the meandering perch and lightly dappled BG. The light on that face is wonderful. Even the up angle works OK here. TFS

Aditya Sridhar
05-02-2020, 02:37 PM
I know how difficult it can be to get these birds at eye level, but the lack of eye contact hurts the image IMO. You've captured the colors really well, particularly the red eye and the blue chin. Assuming the slight drop-off in sharpness is due to the compression, details seem to be good, although more DOF would certainly help. Composition is well balanced. TFS!

Steve Kaluski
05-03-2020, 03:36 AM
Don't think any amount of DoF would help the tail, it's too angled away IMHO. I would back off on the contrast and ad maybe 0.10+ expo, sharpening looks a bit too aggressive?

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
05-03-2020, 09:25 AM
Very nice indeed Sanjeev, the head is where it's at for me if that is sharp I am happy, a bird this shape and size and pretty well not far off full frame would be difficult to get entirely in focus, largely it would be a matter of luck and angle to the sensor. A smaller aperture would help but it is my guess a very small aperture would have been required from this angle.
Steve and Andreas have both remarked on sharpening, I have to confess, I did not have any reservations.

John Mack
05-03-2020, 03:27 PM
Nice view of this bee eater. Like the diaganol perch and background. The light is nice as well.