PDA

View Full Version : Green Bee Eater with a Bee

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-01-2020, 10:18 AM
A portrait of a bee eater with its favourite catch, a Bee :-) Slightly steep angle but these birds love the top branches. Natural perch.
1DX II
700mm
1/2000
f/9
ISO 3200
Manual Exp Auto ISO

Andreas Liedmann
05-01-2020, 11:54 AM
Hi Sanjeev another nice shot , albeit the steep angle is a bit unfortunate . The catch is a super addition .
Crop and comp are working well .
Light seemed to be quite " low" meaning later in the day , giving the soft Indian light due to the " pollution " .
As presented I think the dark tones masking potential detail .... I would go with lighter tones overall and tone down the lighter parts to even out things .
Just my take ....

TFS Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
05-01-2020, 04:23 PM
Andreas got there before me all I can say is yes that's almost exactly what I would have said.

Steve Kaluski
05-02-2020, 01:23 AM
Hi Sanjeev, agree with Andreas's thoughts, plus I would expect the bug to be sharp too, it needs to be. The angle is too steep for me, but I'm surprised that it is so dark if you are using ETTR????

If the subject is backlit, try changing your matering to Partial and see if that helps, folk never think of changing this and you might be surprised.

TFS
Steve

John Mack
05-02-2020, 09:41 AM
Another nice bee eater image. My only nit is for more room in front of the bird.