PDA

View Full Version : Help !!!!

Andreas Liedmann
05-01-2020, 05:09 AM
Hi folks .. a Canada Goose gosling is shouting for help , as the photographer came too close ......:bg3:
Well not really ... as these geese are used to human presence .
Just like the behavior captured .... resting on the back of an adult .
Would have liked to exclude the green in URC ... was not possible in capture and editing . Already a crop that I try to avoid .... cropped to 60 % of FF .

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 500 IS L II
Tripod

F 7,1 ; Iso 4000 ; 1/ 1250 sec ; man exp

Processed with DPP 4 and PSCC 2020

Thanks for watching and leaving a comment to previous posting

Cheers Andreas

David Roach
05-01-2020, 05:27 AM
LOve the perfect execution with DOF. Love the expression. TFS

Joseph Przybyla
05-01-2020, 07:45 AM
Hi Andreas, your image brought a smile to my face. Opportune capture well executed. Thank you for sharing.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
05-01-2020, 10:14 AM
What a lovely shot Andreas, I love the expression captured. The yellow contrasts well with the browns. Super sharpening and soft yet fine detail.

Arthur Morris
05-01-2020, 03:00 PM
Loe that look. A creaming chick. If this was created in Germany, I will assume that it is an introduced species. Is that correct?

with love, artie

Andreas Liedmann
05-01-2020, 03:06 PM
Thanks Artie ... you are correct , they are " introduced " here in Germany and causing trouble as most invaders are doing . Trouble with the local fauna ... if possible the local authorities controlling them by removing eggs , as it is not allowed to shoot them . But as you can see ... not all of the eggs will be found !!

Andreas Liedmann
05-01-2020, 03:07 PM
Thanks to Sanjeev, David and Joseph for leaving a comment .

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
05-02-2020, 01:43 AM
So cute Andreas, good image for Easter. :cheers:

Think you could get a bit more depth from the overall image, those eyes are to die for and the open bill is the icing. That corner, crudely done, but you could easily just bring some colour back in to replace the white area and or green too. Just remember to add some noise into the colour. :w3

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
05-02-2020, 02:03 AM
Thanks Steve .... agree with you about the depth when looking at your RP , thanks . As said I was not really happy with corner .... but did not want to play " tricks" with that corner . If I would go and play with the color ... the green needs to go , too . Adding noise .... WHAT ???? :w3:S3: .... never !!!! Rather remove it ...:w3.... even more , for really smoothness :w3

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
05-02-2020, 02:15 AM
If you add the adjustment, then it needs to blend in with the rest and so depending on the ISO, adding or not some noise just provides a bit more ‘authenticity’, likewise Opacity, Fill & Feather tweaks to the mask. There are many ways to do it, but it does make a difference and the adjustment is a benefit rather than an add on. :S3:

Andreas Liedmann
05-02-2020, 03:31 AM
Steve .... you wanted the clown back , he was there in my reply .... I know what you were talking about and I fully agree about the noise adding for artificial authenticity !!! :bg3:

Steve Kaluski
05-02-2020, 03:38 AM
Perhaps I was just trying to expand on things for others Andreas, it might be second nature for some, but it can also be a learning tool for others. :S3:

Andreas Liedmann
05-02-2020, 04:43 AM
Ok I did not realize your educational approach in the first place .... :S3: .... so thanks for that !!!

John Mack
05-02-2020, 09:42 AM
Very nice. Love that open mouth. Nice you caught the little one tucked under like that.

Arthur Morris
05-03-2020, 05:25 PM
Here I like Steve's re-post.

with love and thanks for the info above.

a