PDA

View Full Version : Motherhood requires great balance... and strength...

David Roach
04-27-2020, 05:33 PM
EOS R EF 400 DO I 1.4xtc II f8 1/4000 ISO 800 60% crop to evict neighbors in this crowded rookery. From last may.

About an hour and a half after sunrise was working my way out of these wetlands when mom flew in with dinner, took a firm grip on her perch and was tugged by one, the other and both without falling from perch.

John Mack
04-27-2020, 07:32 PM
A nice moment capture here. The rear bird looks sharper than the one being feed.

Colin Driscoll
04-28-2020, 12:25 AM
Good behavioral shot with the whites under control. Would have been good to have the parent's eye showing, ask if they will turn their head a bit next time!.

arash_hazeghi
04-28-2020, 12:41 AM
I do like the feeding behavior but the environment is too buys and cluttered for my taste.

TFS

Randy Stout
04-28-2020, 07:31 AM
David:

It always amazes me that the adults get poked in the eye by those big bills! Fun story telling image. Yes, seeing the eye of the adult would have been great. It is a busy background, but that is where they nest, so generaly not possible to get this shot with really clean background. Sometime you will get lucky and find a nest on the top where you can get a cleaner background, but pretty rare.

Cheers

Randy

Dorian Anderson
04-28-2020, 09:29 AM
Behavior is fantastic, but the busy surroundings make this tough from an artistic standpoint. Composition looks good with plenty of room around the birds. They do pop against the green.

Andreas Liedmann
04-28-2020, 01:40 PM
Hi David ... a nice behavior shot . I might try to coax out a tiny bit more detail from the really bright white parts of the birds .

BG is very cluttered and is making the image less attractive , but nothing you can do about it .

TFS Andreas