PDA

View Full Version : Woodmouse (Apodemus sylvaticus)

Jonathan Ashton
04-27-2020, 03:37 AM
This is very much a grab shot I noticed this little mouse whilst gardening so I rushed and got my camera, hoping for some more images over the next few weeks. The 300mm was perhaps a little long so I will use the zoom and MC14 next time.
This is an old plant pot I placed in a wild part of the garden, I was hoping that something may have taken advantage of it and I do rather suspect the mouse has a nest in there. (Much to my wife's discomfort!)

Hand held
Olympus : E-M1X
Lens focal length : 300 mm
Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 601.0mm
Metering mode : Pattern
Exposure mode : Manual exposure
ISO Sensitivity : 1000
Exposure compensation : +0.3 EV
Shutter speed : 1/800 sec
Aperture : F5.6
Flash : OFF

ACR & PSCC

Steve Kaluski
04-27-2020, 07:40 AM
Nought wrong with that Jon, very nice indeed, especially as a 'grab' shot'. All workout really well, maybe Olympus is more based for 'grab shots' than proper captures? :bg3:

I know your thoughts, but that yellow streak in the leaf needs to go, plus the small spec of bird poo on the pot. Overall, nicely executed. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Bretoteanu Dan
04-27-2020, 04:09 PM
Hy, you have a cute little tenant in the flower pot. I like the way the edge of the pot leads to the mouse and its posture. Plus the catch light in its eyes, actually you can see a plant reflected in it.

Andreas Liedmann
04-28-2020, 02:33 PM
HI Jon .... really nice for a grab shot .
Only thing that is bothering me a bit is the pot , but nothing you could have done here !!!

The eye is just gorgeous , so are the colors and tones . Love to see those long whiskers

TFS Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
04-30-2020, 11:08 AM
HI Jon .... really nice for a grab shot .
Only thing that is bothering me a bit is the pot , but nothing you could have done here !!!

The eye is just gorgeous , so are the colors and tones . Love to see those long whiskers

TFS Andreas

Hey Andreas I bet you said that just because it wasn't one of your pots!!:bg3:

Andreas Liedmann
04-30-2020, 12:00 PM
LOL Jon ... I would not mind , but my GF !!!

John Mack
05-04-2020, 01:56 PM
Looks pretty good for a grab shot. Nice detail on the mouse. The color looks solid as well.