PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Waxwing vs Chokecherry

Jerry Taylor
04-25-2020, 05:44 PM
Shot last August in my yard, Canon 5D IV, 600 II, 1/1000, f4, ISO 1600, Induro 304 tripod with Nest gimbal. Heavy crop, about 50% of ff.
Process in LR and PS.

Arthur Morris
04-25-2020, 06:24 PM
Sharp and nice soft light. I almost did not notice the second bird :). You might wish to un-clip the leaf on the bottom frame-edge.

with love, artie

dankearl
04-25-2020, 07:34 PM
I think it is cool that one is hiding... 50% crop should look better I think.
Great subject, enough DOF, too much NR?
Keep posting!

Daniel Cadieux
04-25-2020, 07:52 PM
Cool scene!! I love the pose and setting. I thought the image was a bit too "magenta" so I pulled it up in PS and added 10 points (!) of greens in "Color Balance", This greened up the BG nicely and neutralized the cast on the subject. Since there, I also trimmed that bottom leaf as per Artie :S3:. Just a quick and dirty tweak. Anyhow, awesome image overall!!

Colin Driscoll
04-25-2020, 09:51 PM
Lovely complimentary colors and Daniel's re-work gives it an extra lift. Sweet shot.

Andreas Liedmann
04-26-2020, 01:13 AM
Hi Jerry nice one , personally I would prefer the second bird not in the frame . But not big deal .

Your posting has just one major issue ... just the color is really off . And I would tone down the HL and the 1/4 tones .

Daniel was showing the direction in terms of color .... but for me it is only half way down the road .

With two simple steps ... my version looks much cleaner overall , IMHO .

WB change with the eyedropper in ACR module and some burning through a lumo mask in the HL and 1/4 tones , well this is done in less than a minute and it could be even made better , when starting with the raw .

TFS Andreas

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-26-2020, 02:23 AM
A lovely bird with lovely perch and vertical framing. I will go with Andreas's tweak. Nice content and birds.

gail bisson
04-26-2020, 05:45 AM
I like the setting very much and I too almost missed the second bird.
The fine details on the bird are lost because of the largish crop unfortunately.
The magenta cast was addressed nicely by Daniel and I would suggest not only trimming back the leaf at the bottom but also clean up the LUC.
ertical crop looks good.
All in all, a nice frame but you needed to be closer,
Gail

John Mack
04-26-2020, 05:00 PM
Like the colors in this one. The vertical framing is nice as well.