PDA

View Full Version : Green Bee Eater

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-25-2020, 01:30 AM
Photographed this 2 days ago at a park next to my home.
1DX II
700mm
1/250
f/8
ISO 1600
Gitzo Tripod and Wimberley Gimbal

Jonathan Ashton
04-25-2020, 01:38 AM
Sanjeev, I wish I had these in a park next to my home! Beautiful image I rather like the rainbow background, it could be argued the two red components take attention from the subject but I rather like them.
Just for curiosity I would have a look at the sharpening and see what it looks like with finer and very slightly less.

Andreas Liedmann
04-25-2020, 04:14 AM
Hi Sanjeev ... they do look so beautiful , as almost all Bee Eaters do .

Colors are nice as are the tones .

Why have you used those techs ? 1/250 sec makes not really sense to me when shooting manual and auto iso ??!!

Image does look " sharp" but quite ( slightly) coarse sharpness , even the bill and the dark mask does look a bit grainy ? Quite surprising at Iso 1600 with that combo

TFS Andreas

Steve Kaluski
04-25-2020, 05:46 AM
Hi Sanjeev, I'm pleased to see you are getting to grips with the change in shooting mode, looks a lot better than previous postings. Andreas has given some good points re the head, but for me, I'm not loving the OOF flower. Yes, the techs could be better, don't be so cautious, have the confidence, then you will be better when shooting without the tripod, back in bBandhavgargh or Africa.

TFS
Steve

Paul Burdett
04-25-2020, 07:00 AM
Hi Sanjeev. I don't have any negatives...it's a beautiful photo of a beautiful bird. I'm fine with the BG, sharpness (doesn't look grainy to me) and the oof flower. TFS

John Mack
04-25-2020, 08:47 AM
Looks great. Love the green through out the image. Nice view of that tail.

Joseph Przybyla
04-25-2020, 09:06 AM
Hi Sanjeev, beautiful bird, nicely shown. I agree with the previous comments regarding coarse sharpness, not sure if it post processing or if the feathers are actually coarse. Thank you for sharing.

Bill Dix
04-25-2020, 09:41 AM
A beauty of a bird, and of a shot. Great detail and pose, nicely parallel to focal plane. Lovely background. As posted it goes against my usual preference not to see a bird posted significantly larger than real life, but I'll admit it does show the details nicely.

Brian Sump
04-25-2020, 04:51 PM
Sanjeev, thanks for posting. A first sight of this bird for me.

EDIT: I wasn't able to scroll the first time. Framed well

Arthur Morris
04-25-2020, 06:22 PM
Hi Sanjeev, Love bird and background color. I am torn by the o-o-f flower. In a perfect world the bud would have been in front of the bird ... Perfect head angle and nice soft light. I do think that the wing and body feathers are just a bit coarse.

with love, artie