PDA

View Full Version : Western Sandpiper

Dorian Anderson
04-23-2020, 09:11 AM
If he's that muddy, just imagine what I looked like after this shoot! A well-earned frame.

I think this is one of my best low-angle examples......

Canon 600mm f/4 IS II + 1.4x III on EOS 1DX2
1/3200 at f/5.6, ISO 800
Processed in LR CC. Did clone out a small bit of distracting reflection to keep foreground blur uniform.

Randy Stout
04-23-2020, 10:03 AM
Dorian:

I hope you had a snorkel with you! Lovely POV, liked raised/muddy foot and bill. Nicely exposed , sharp.

Just for personal taste I would consider cropping up a bit from the bottom, perhaps just above your sig.

Cheers

Randy

dankearl
04-23-2020, 01:33 PM
Very pretty frame. great POV.

John Mack
04-23-2020, 01:58 PM
Detail and low angle are right on. Nice framing. Like the wet sand on the bill.

arash_hazeghi
04-23-2020, 11:37 PM
cool pov, nice and sharp details in good light. Not much you can do about the muddy bill ,feet and the couple of visible lumps, this place is good for BIF shots not so much for low angle shots...I find when the tide is high and they walk on shells the success rate is higher..... but hey you got the molting plumage.
TFS,

Andreas Liedmann
04-24-2020, 03:27 AM
Hi Dorian .... great work and was worth to get dirty :5.

All works well together !!! I do love the muddy stuff on the bird .... as it tells a story , other than the images being polished by the author .

No nits from me .... just one little thing that can be addressed IMHO , watch the slight halos from sharpening on high contrast edges :w3

TFS Andreas

Dorian Anderson
04-24-2020, 08:16 AM
cool pov, nice and sharp details in good light. Not much you can do about the muddy bill ,feet and the couple of visible lumps, this place is good for BIF shots not so much for low angle shots...I find when the tide is high and they walk on shells the success rate is higher..... but hey you got the molting plumage.
TFS,

The mud is the best part! These guys love feeding in the mud show that's what I hoped to show. Was dirt as **** afterwards though, so that I would change. Cheers!

Joseph Przybyla
04-24-2020, 08:55 AM
Hey Dorian, lovely image. It must be wonderful to crawl around mud or not with the camera. Last time I crawled in the mud was Vietnam, now I try not to... a little difficult getting up protecting the camera and lens. I like the pose of the bird with the raised foot, nice colors and detail. Thank you for sharing.

Bill Dix
04-24-2020, 09:35 AM
Terrific shot, Dorian. I agree the mud is the best part. The tricky part is keeping your gear clean.