PDA

View Full Version : macropus peregrine

Ian McLachlan
04-21-2020, 09:38 PM

This the more unattractive underbelly but he was travelling, and so I was pleased to be able to follow for about 5 frames but the only one where he is reasonably symmetrical which I quite like. The sky I know some people don't like but the day or so after it rains down here this is what it looks like in the early morning in our spring so I left it as is. Its a big crop so we will see what people think perhaps.

D5
500mm
f5.6
1/3200th
iso 800
hh
60% crop!
Look after yourselves

Colin Driscoll
04-22-2020, 03:51 AM
Looks good on my old MacBook Air. Amazing birds, I had one turn up in my front yard tonight almost on dark, with a Rainbow Lorikeet for dinner. Took some shots at 12,000 iso which looked very ugly! But good to get a look at the bird.

Daniel Cadieux
04-22-2020, 06:53 AM
You've been getting some interesting poses from your raptors Ian, and this is no exception! The little head turn makes this. The big crop is starting to show its' effects from my end, and yes, the sky is indeed too "electric". Even if it was that way I'd still tweak the blues to make them less neon.

Arthur Morris
04-22-2020, 10:07 AM
Ditto Dan on the head turn. You did well in the bright sun. Yes also on toning down the sky. I will take a crack at that right now ...

with love, artie

Arthur Morris
04-22-2020, 10:13 AM
With the BLUEs tamed. See the next pane for how.

with love, artie

Arthur Morris
04-22-2020, 10:14 AM
On a separate layer.

with love, a

arash_hazeghi
04-22-2020, 11:47 PM
Pretty cool pose Ian, agree with the comments above, more than the crop the blown whites and the electric blue sky are bothering me a bit

TFS

Andreas Liedmann
04-23-2020, 02:03 AM
Hi Ian ... really nice unusual view of this raptor ... and I think the head turn is priceless good .
Not knowing how much of a crop this is ... I can just comment to what I see .

IMHO ... IQ is not really good and the image does look " too processed " in terms of color/contrast , Details are looking more coarse than fine .... . Personally I think the blacks are looking blocked and the whites partially blown . If you approach the image with a softer hand ... I bet the IQ would be better .
But you might like the image as presented .... so your call .

Be careful if you use the Hue/saturation adjustment .... to overcome the pushy sky . Posterization .... be be the result , specially when you use the lightness slider .

TFS Andreas

John Mack
04-23-2020, 01:44 PM
Love the pose here. Agree with the other comments so far.