PDA

View Full Version : Profile of a tiger

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-21-2020, 03:06 AM
A tiger from our Bandhavgarh trip. Oh I miss the safaris so much this summer!
1DX II
500 II
1/200 (yeah wish it were higher, but seem to have got away with it here?)
f/6.3
ISO 6400

Steve Kaluski
04-21-2020, 11:32 AM
Hi Sanjeev, love POV and encounter, PP looking good. Perhaps going f/5.6 you may have gained 1/400... based on the OP +8 Tint just offers a cleaner look, albeit minor, I feel it helps.

TFS
Steve

Jonathan Ashton
04-21-2020, 03:18 PM
Looks sharp enough to me Sanjeev, i thought the tiger's coat looked a little lacking in punch, Steve's suggestion is a good one(I tried it!!)

haseeb badar
04-22-2020, 05:51 AM
Hi Doc -- Nice one indeed, side profile with head being sharp looks quite good. I think you have nicely processed it and also the bkg is pretty clean. Slightly thin for my taste.

Here is a RP , WDYT ? did a slight midtones adjustment , and implemented Steve's suggestion.

Andreas Liedmann
04-23-2020, 05:38 AM
Hi Sanjeev ... again a nice side profile shot of this species . Really good to see the clean overall image !

Just surprised to read that you think you have gotten away with that slow SS with a albeit slow moving subject ?????
For me the image is ( no wonder ) having no finer detail .... where are they specially in the darker fur parts ? A close up like this should show some fine detail .... just my thinking . But no sharpening method will help ....if the detail is not there . You have some detail in the " rougher" fur structure ... and you might think that is enough ??!!

Color well a matter of taste ....still struggling with the WB ??? But this just a very minor thing for me .

TFS Andreas