PDA

View Full Version : Yellow

Gordon Craig
07-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I took this picture in my backyard of a Lily that had opened a short period before. The vivid colors displayed when this flower was opening were unbelievable. Daily rain and storms have become the norm where I live and when that happens, the colors really come out after the rain. This was shot with a Canon 5D at 1/20 sec shutter speed, 100 ISO, and 5.6 aperature. The lens used was a Lensbaby.

Julie Kenward
07-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Beautiful capture, Gordon! I love your close up view - nice composition and BG. I wish the pistol and stamen were just a little bit more in focus but with a flower this beautiful, how can you really go wrong?

Ed Vatza
07-05-2008, 06:36 AM
I ambecoming more and more intrigued by the Lensbaby, Gordon. Very nice image. Love the color and the softness which works here. When I strive for that softness it just looks like an oof image. The stamen and pistel could be just a tad sharper but overall a very nice job.

Kaushik Balakumar
07-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Lovely feel to this image. Like the blurr around. But just wish the stamens were sharp & in focus.

Mike Moats
07-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Hey Gordon, nice job with the lensbaby. It's a fun lens to play with. Any looking to buy one, email me and I can get you 10% off from lensbaby.

Roman Kurywczak
07-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi Gordon,
Possible improvements already mentioned. In most cases......something needs to be tack sharp.......the center ones are close ........and may actually be with a little more USM........I may crop out the bottom OOF one and then proportionally off the right.........this would leave only the wonderful color and the sharp stamen as our center of interest!