PDA

View Full Version : Theme Reddish Egret (Dark Morph)

Joseph Przybyla
04-15-2020, 02:34 PM
I captured this image in September 2017 on a overcast morning at Ft. Desoto, Pinellas County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED, camera and lens supported by a monopod
1/2000 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +2/3 ISO 560 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 400mm
Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2020 and Neat Image for noise reduction
Cropped for composition and presentation

Steve Kaluski
04-15-2020, 03:09 PM
Hi Joe, it's not really working for me, sorry. The subject is walking away, but the head isn't sharp, focus is on the nearest wing which is sharp. Having a pale backdrop does offer standout.

TFS
Steve

David Roach
04-15-2020, 04:17 PM
I love this look back. To Steve's point, perhaps a little more sharpening on the face as this is a cool look back combined with the raised foot and droplets. TFS

John Mack
04-15-2020, 04:22 PM
The head does look soft. Like the sense of action though.

Joseph Przybyla
04-16-2020, 07:54 AM
Hi Joe, it's not really working for me, sorry. The subject is walking away, but the head isn't sharp, focus is on the nearest wing which is sharp. Having a pale backdrop does offer standout.

TFS
Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for viewing and commenting. I checked the active focus point, it was on the nearest wing. I was trying to keep up with the bird running erratically chasing fish. I tried a couple of tricks in Lightroom, wonder if this looks better?

Steve Kaluski
04-16-2020, 08:36 AM
I tried a couple of tricks in Lightroom, wonder if this looks better?

Joe, if it's soft/OOF no Software will retrieve the image whether you use LR, Topaz, Hi Pass Sharpening etc.

Dorian Anderson
04-16-2020, 09:06 AM
I echo the previous comments. I like the attempt at action but feel the image falls short b/c of the focus point issue. Unfortunately, the focus takes our attention right to his rump! Fun intermediate plumage though.....

Joseph Przybyla
04-16-2020, 09:42 AM
Joe, if it's soft/OOF no Software will retrieve the image whether you use LR, Topaz, Hi Pass Sharpening etc.

Hi Steve, yup, I know that but sometimes you hate to give up when you like a image. I only use predominately Lightroom, cloning and a few other things in Photoshop and Neat Image for noise reduction. Thanks for responding.

Daniel Cadieux
04-16-2020, 12:45 PM
Looks like it is trying to hide something:c3:. Unfortunate about the soft face though.