PDA

View Full Version : Grey Seal in Sandstorm

Andreas Liedmann
04-14-2020, 01:52 PM
Hi folks ... here I am :wave: .... back again with an image I posted before ( or one of the series ) . Cannot remember when it was posted from my side .... so I gave it a new go with different software and knowledge .

Love the soft look of the frame , due to the techs and the strong wind blowing the sand across the beach .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
Ef 500 IS L II
Tripod

F 6,3 ; Iso 2000 ; 1/250 sec ; man exp and auto iso
With hindsight , I might have gone even lower with the SS for an even more soft look&feel in the original capture . But I was afraid , due to the strong wind , to get no sharpness into the subject . Luckily this female was not moving for a short time.

Processed with Capture One 20 and PSCC 2020 ; slightly cropped for comp

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

John Mack
04-14-2020, 06:23 PM
Love the mood and feel to this one. Nice framing and low angle as well.

haseeb badar
04-15-2020, 12:00 AM
Hi Andreas -- Loved the feel here , almost mystical. well composed and nice tones where it matters. Certainly you have shown the way on how to deal with foggy images. Superbly done.

TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
04-15-2020, 02:25 PM
Thanks John and Haseeb for your comments , much appreciated .

Haseeb thanks for recognizing my ability of dealing with foggy images .... but this is a sandy image ... when being picky . LOL !!! But I think I know what you are talking about ... so THANKS !!!

Cheers Andreas

Jerry Taylor
04-15-2020, 05:27 PM
Andreas, really like the mood you created here. As mentioned by others, kind of mystical, but sharp where necessary. Great photo.

Steve Kaluski
04-16-2020, 06:28 AM
Simply - Gorgeous!!!! :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
04-16-2020, 02:28 PM
Thanks Jerry and Steve ... glad you like this one !!! I am with you .... :5